UCP of Georgia operations remain strong, thanks to our extraordinary team which is steadfastly dedicated to our mission. Direct Support Professionals, in particular, are the backbone of our organization, and their perseverance and hard work is why we are doing so well. Here are the most recent updates:
- As of this writing, there are no confirmed or presumptive positive cases of COVID-19 for those supported in our homes or on staff.
- The main office in Chamblee, and statewide day programs will remain closed at least until March 31. We will reassess as that date approaches and make a decision on reopening at that time.
- Employees are being actively screened for fever and other COVID-19 symptoms before beginning work each shift, to ensure their safety and the safety of the people we support.
- We continue to recruit and interview candidates to fill current vacancies and ensure our workforce remains strong.
- In-person training is only being conducted for critical new-hire topics so that new hires can begin work, and only in groups of fewer than 10 people with appropriate social distancing measures in place.